One & Only Nyungwe House, Nyungwe Forest, Rwandafrom
One & Only Nyungwe House, Nyungwe Forest, Rwanda
One&Only Nyungwe House is set on the edge of the Nyungwe Forest in Rwanda’s mountainous South West. Part of a working tea plantation, its roots are well-established, yet its offerings are distinctly modern with every comfort you could ever need or desire.
We believe the adventure begins on the journey itself. That’s why our transfers are so much more than transfers. Our charismatic hosts welcome you personally at Kigali Airport, and take you on a breath-taking journey in a luxury SUV, equipped with every creature-comfort. Stopping at unmissable points of interest along the way, with refreshments and a beautifully prepared picnic, remarkable surprises await before you’ve even touched down at the resort.
Alongside ancient rainforest, within the lush green expanse of a working tea plantation, One&Only Nyungwe House offers an exclusive window to Africa’s fascinating wildlife and culture. Curating immersive tailored experiences, from gastronomic picnics to wild chimpanzee tracking and indigenous open-air spa treatments, awe-inspiring, once-in-a-lifetime moments are sure to amaze you at every turn.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
One&Only Nyungwe House
Gisakura, Nyamasheke Nyungwe Forest Reserve
This Resort is Rated: 5-Stars
This Resort is Beachfront: No
Resort Style & Type: Nature & Safari Lodge
This Resort is Family-Friendly: Yes
This Resort is Best For: Romance and Exploration
This Resort Offers a Wellness Program: Yes
This Resort is All-Inclusive: No
This Resort is Green Certified: Yes
One&Only Nyungwe House is set on the edge of the Nyungwe Forest in Rwanda’s mountainous South West. Part of a working tea plantation, its roots are well-established, yet its offerings are distinctly modern with every comfort you could ever need or desire. Surrounded by rain forest; nestled among mountains; One&Only Nyungwe House is a haven of creature-comforts where the wild secrets of nature come to life before your eyes. In Southwest Rwanda, just south of Lake Kivu on the Burundi border, One&Only Nyungwe House is set among the rich tea-plantations of Gisakura, on the edge of the iconic Nyungwe National Park. The park itself covers approximately 1020 km² of rainforest, bamboo, grassland, swamps and bogs, and is one of the last mountain rain forest habitats on the planet.
Ngungwe Forest National Park is home to over 13 different species of primate and 20% of all the apes in Africa. The lush and diverse habitat is famously home to a large population of chimpanzees and endangered monkeys; including the owl faced monkey and the golden monkey, of which sightings are reported, but unverified.
The forest was cited by Birdlife International as “the most important site for biodiversity conservation in Rwanda” for its 275 recorded bird species of which 27 are endemic. Home to a myriad of stunning orchids, butterflies, moths and other fascinating creatures and insects, the Government of Rwanda declared Nyungwe a national park in 2005, affording it the highest level of protection in the country.
Once in a Lifetime Moments
No one has walked in your shoes, nor dreamed your dreams, so we curate a completely bespoke itinerary to make your passions and interests come to life. With expert local guides and visiting international specialists, every discovery will be illuminated by a wealth of knowledge and fascinating first-hand stories.
- Delight in active adventures, such as mountain biking, kayaking, and trekking.
- Feel the thrill of wild up-close encounters, from rare primates and reptiles to butterflies and exotic birds.
- Enjoy heart-warming interactions with local people as you learn about unique ways of life and discover secrets of their crafts, cuisine and more.
- Socialize with like-minded worldly travelers in a myriad of stunning settings; around bonfires, guitars, and at daily aperitif gatherings.
- Soak up incredible tailored moments, designed especially for you, from private dining and private tours, to secluded wellness experiences and more.
Being at one with nature sits hand in hand with an ethos of personal wellness. Whether you wish to enhance your healthy lifestyle, or delve into a new world of spiritual and physical development, there’s no better place to practice wellness than here.
- Unwind with al fresco yoga, before inspiring vistas.
- Work up a sweat in a gymnasium carved from nature’s own landscape.
Indulge in holistic therapies, such as Rwandan-inspired spa treatments, offered in the warm open air.
From stunning sunrise breakfasts that prepare you for a day of discovery, to leisurely all day à la carte brunches served in bed or out among the wilderness, nutritious and indulgent options are always on the menu
Lunches are often served ‘on-the-go’, but our picnics are truly something to behold. With beautifully-set tables and fresh local ingredients expertly prepared and creatively presented, they’re just another reason to say ‘wow’ From tempting nibbles around the bonfire and sociable grand feasts amongst the flora, to private dinners in a treehouse or secluded oasis, you’ll never have the same experience twice, here or anywhere else on the planet.
Rooms & Suites
- 22 luxury rooms and suites situated in 6 stunning wooden villas.
- All designed to frame nature, with exceptional views of the forest.
- Open fireplaces in each and every room and suite.
- Private decks offer all guests extraordinary private spaces to watch the wildlife.
- Every creature comfort thoughtfully considered.
- Interiors and artwork is inspired by the natural beauty and traditions of Rwanda.
At One&Only Nyungwe House, the conservation of our stunning environment and local communities is of utmost importance. Along with our resort’s sustainable operating procedures, we encourage you to contribute, as much as you like, and in whatever ways you feel comfortable.
- Getting your hands dirty: working the land, building a fence, or tending to animals.
- An opportunity to give back: with every cherished gift we receive from the lands and community, to encourage local life to flourish, and leave our own lasting legacy.
- Invest in handmade: purchasing unique local products that fund charitable initiatives.
Our Elite Travel Collection Includes the Following:
- Deluxe accommodation from our hand-picked collection
- A professional guide waiting to meet you upon arrival at your destination
- Private car transfers or limousine service
- Private guides when sightseeing
- Daily breakfast (Optional meal plans are available)
- Sightseeing as described in each itinerary are included
- Your personalized itinerary with listings of things to see and do, and our personal recommendations.
What’s Not Included:
- Flight not listed in your itinerary
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Airline baggage fees
- Travel Protection Plan – Please kindly note that the full coverage travel protection from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own
- Optional activities